Thursday, August 14, 2014

My 100 Happiest Days: Day 1

Dear Journal, 
Today was the first of my 100 Happiest days. It started out very emotional,  saying goodbye to my dad as he dropped Trent and I off in Rexburg. But as he left town he sent me a text message with some of the most profound words I've heard in a while: "Take a moment each day to enjoy what life has to offer. Time is such a thief." It hit me then and there just how fast my childhood flew by, and how quickly I have come to this point in my life. Yet, it was in that moment that I realized how truly blessed I am to be alive, and to have been raised by a family who has endlessly encouraged me to be the best that I can be, and to chase my dreams. Tonight, nothing makes me more happy than knowing how much I love my family, my husband,and the incredible family who reared him up to be the man that he is today. Happy is family. Happy is living every moment to the fullest. And happy is successfully assembling our Ikea bed frame after hours of interpreting Swedish diagrams. :) 
Finding joy in the journey, 
Calli

No comments: