Sunday, September 19, 2010

Startin fresh!

Today we had a special stake conference with a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Quentin L. Cook. It was pretty darn amazing! The topics were wonderful, and I really got a lot out of it. It really made me realize how our time here is so short, and how we cant afford to just sit back and be lazy and not fill our time with worthwhile things. After conference today, I just wanted to go out and love others. We talked a lot about having bowels that are filled with compassion. Our stake president made sure to excuse himself in front of Elder Cook for talking about bowels in stake conference :p hehehehehe. Pres. Smith actually defined the definition of the "bowels" which they refer to in the scriptures. And he described it as emotion that derives from the very essence of you. Emotions that arise from the depths of your soul. So having bowels that are filled with compassion and charity, means loving others from the depths of your soul, and loving them from the very essence of who you are. We are commanded to show this love to all of our neighbors. Not just those who share fence lines with us, but everyone who we come in contact with.
I realize more and more every day that taking the time to love others, and to have charity, is what ultimately makes me the happiest. There is nothing else that can replace that feeling in my heart when I take the time to care. So I guess if you're reading this right now, and have taken the time to read this far, that I ask you this. Please take more time to love others, and to genuinely show that you care. I know I have been blessed for it. And I know you can be too, and find the happiness that I find. I will leave you with the wise words of Henry Ward Beecher~

"Of all the earthly music, that which reaches farthest into Heaven is the beating of a truly loving heart." :)

No comments: