Monday, August 2, 2010

In learning you will teach..in teaching you will learn.


So I was recently called to be a beehive advisor in my ward. I was so nervous when I was first extended the call, but I willingly accepted. My initial thoughts were, how on earth am I supposed to teach these girls?? I'm barely a girl myself! Well, today the spirit testified to me, just how I am supposed to teach. I am supposed to teach by truth. By testimony. By simply what I know in my heart to be true. Today I bore my testimony in Young womens to all the girls and I told them this, "I accepted this calling, because I know that everything you learn in young womens is absolutely true. If I did not have that 100% knowledge, then I would not have accepted the calling.That is why I am here. To testify of the truthfulness of these teachings to you."

I know I was called to testify to those girls, because I was just barely one of them. I know that they can relate to me, and that it is such a blessing that I have the opportunity to teach. I know that my Heavenly Father has helped prepare me over the years, for this calling. I know that no matter how bizarre it is that an 18 year old who graduated 2 months ago,got called to be a young womens leader, that I can find strength and courage. Because I know that Heavenly Father will not call me to do anything that I cannot handle. He knows my strength, so much better than I do. And He has sent His son to live and die for me, and to bring about an atonement that can help me progress towards the kind of person that I have always wanted to be.

I know that this gospel is true. I know it with all of my heart. I am so excited to testify of its truthfulness to those beehive girls. I am so excited that in teaching, that I am going to learn so much more. I cannot wait for the day when I will be able to receive the blessings that I learn about so often, such as entering the temple and being sealed for time and all eternity. Such as being a wife and mother, and raising a family in righteousness. That is my number one goal, above all else. And I pray that I will live worthy to receive those things. I love my Savior, I love my Heavenly Father, I love my family, I love all of my friends so dearly. And I hope to continue to show how much I love you, and how much I want to serve my Heavenly Father, no matter where life takes me. :)

2 comments:

Tannis said...

Calli- you amaze me! You are such a good example to me. That's so awesome you got that calling!

Calliandra Rasmussen said...

Thanks Tanny :) That means a lot to me!