Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some serious catch up.. and a Happy New Year! :)

Dear Journal, So much has happened since the last time I've written! Holy Cannoli! I should probably start with THE MOST important bit of news that I have from the past few months.....
I am getting married to my best friend!!!!!!!!!! The man of my dreams :) There are not enough words to express how much I love this man. So I suppose that I will spare the readers! Hee hee. However, I will include the details for how he popped the question! It was November the 16th. Trent told me that he wanted to celebrate our five months of dating in a proper way, so he told me that we were going to dinner. Macaroni Grill! YUM! Man knows one of the pathways to my heart is some good eatin. Hehehe. On the way to dinner, we had a funny little moment together. His phone rings and he answered quickly. "Hello?" suddenly I hear the bouncy little voice of one of my best friends. I can't make out the words, but I can definitely tell that I knew whose voice it was! Trent hangs up and I smile and say "Who was that?" He doesn't skip a beat when he replies, "Uh, Jeff!" I tried to contain my urge to giggle when I said "Jeff has an awfully high voice, babe!" Trent just smiled and said, "Yep. He sure does!" It was a priceless moment in time that I will never forget. ;) So we proceed on to the restaurant, and have a great time. Ran into the Moffats, which is always a pleasant surprise! After Dinner, we found ourselves at the San Tan mall. It was nice and chilly out which makes for nice snuggling weather. ;) He grabbed me by the hand and led me to Build a bear workshop. You can't tell ME that teddy bears are just for kids! We had so much fun watching my bear get stuffed with fluffy goodness and going through the silly little heart ritual. Kinda creepy actually, if you really think about it. But tender none the less because we both placed our own separate little hearts inside the bear. It wasn't until later that night that I realized just how symbolic it was for two hearts to become one. <3 After the mall, I had no idea where we were going next! He slyly said, "Oh, did I not mention where we are going next?!" (Little butt munch!) Me: "yahh.......no. Uh, no." So he then smiles even bigger and says "Well I guess you'll just have to find out then!" (Oh, geez! We're gonna die!) We end up going to one of the club house in Power Ranch, other wise known as the Barn. This is where we had talked about having our wedding reception! I got tingles on the inside.. the thought of actually having my reception at that location with him was such a big dream of mine. We walked around the gorgeous lake that was lit with beautiful lights. The night was bright, but it was VERY cold! Poor Trenton tried so hard to make small talk, but unfortunately I was freezing my little tail off so my words were all jumbled! For example: "The stars are so bright tonight! Cal, we should come back and go star gazing sometime!".... "Ya..yyyyy..yea.yyyy...yaugh.....yes..yah!" We came around the bend to a little bench, where Trent seized the opportunity :) We sat down and he said "Here, let's try and warm you up." My teeth continued to chatter! He put his arms around me, and cuddled me close. He could still feel me shivering in his arms. A moment later, he whispered "Here, maybe this will warm you up..." As he pulls away, I look up to see him sliding off of the bench and down on to one knee. Before he even asked the question... I could sense something eternal in his eyes. It was something that I couldn't deny or ever dare to run away from. The next few words out of his mouth I remember exactly. But those simple words aren't what truly make the story what it is. It's the warm tears that welled up in my eyes, as I knew that I was looking at the man who I would be sharing forever with. This moment, this feeling, is what I had been waiting for my whole life. And it had finally happened. I had found him :)
From there on, Life has been sweet. There may have been little trials along the way til now, but what is life without our trials? Without our ups and downs? It would be pretty bland. I'm trying to learn quickly what it takes to plan a wedding. I'm finding out that it is a LOT of work and that I need to get on the wagon and get things done. But luckily I have things like Pinterest to keep my ideas flowing. And thank goodness for amazing people like my mama who keep me pushing towards success! My sister's wedding dress is here at my house, just waiting for me to try it on. I've always dreamed about trying on her dress but never thought I would actually get the chance to. If it fits, there is a good chance that I may wear it. It's a breathtaking dress that looks like the bride has just stepped out of a fairytale. And when it comes to me and Trent, nothing describes our personalities and love more than stepping out of a fairytale in to real life.
Well, ever since I've been out of school you could say that I'm trying to embrace the work-a-holic side of me. Me and Trent will need the money to survive, and to be completely honest I'm finding myself enjoying it. I'm getting to the point where I feel accomplished at the end of the work day because I feel like I've gotten so much done. Now if only I could feel just as accomplished with my wedding planning. Let the games begin! I have decided that I am not going back to school this semester, so that me and Trent can start to save some money and put it away for a rainy day.. or rent. ;) Take your pick. I have an idea in mind of when I would like to finish school and what degree I would like to earn.. but we will see what the Lord has in store for me.
I wake up every morning hoping that I will be able to let the light of faith burn bright in my life. I guess there are moments where I think that I can take matters into my own hands and do it all on my own.. but that's when life hands you a slice of humble pie and gets you back down on your knees praying to our loving Heavenly Father. I know that His gospel is true, and that it is our ultimate key to happiness. I am so grateful that the man I'm marrying served a full time mission and for the strength and endurance and faith which he exemplifies every day in my life. He is truly the best, and I pray that every day I can work hard to deserve to have him around. I love him with all my heart. Here's to working hard and making a difference. Until next time, Journal. :) All my love, Calli

2 comments:

Karli said...

You guys are adorable! and I loved the proposal story. :) So wonderful. I'm so happy for you, Calli! Hey, and is there a website for the barn? I've only ever been able to find the Power Ranch website, which doesn't have much information or contact options. I've had to start compiling a potential list for the end of the summer. :)Good luck with all the planning! You'll be a beautiful bride!

colleen.musicmom said...

I just happened upon your blog right when you updated! So cute to hear all the details of the proposal and I love all that you've learned so young... especially how our Heavenly Father knows where to lead us. Good luck with all your wedding details Callie - of course no matter what happens with the wedding, the marriage is the best part :)