Sunday, January 6, 2013

Suddenly

Suddenly I see Suddenly it starts Can two anxious hearts Beat as one? Yesterday I was alone Today you walk beside me Something still unclear Something not yet here Has begun. Suddenly the world Seems a different place Somehow full of grace Full of light. How was I to know That so much hope Was held inside me? What has passed is gone Now we journey on Through the night. How was I to know at last That happiness can come so fast? Trusting me the way you do I’m so afraid of failing you Just a child who cannot know That danger follows where I go There are shadows everywhere And memories I cannot share Nevermore alone Nevermore apart You have warmed my heart Like the sun. You have brought the gift of life And love so long denied me. Suddenly I see What I could not see Something suddenly Has begun.

3 comments:

Katie Seigfried said...

LOVE.
Is this a song you've written? ;)

Calliandra Rasmussen said...

Nope, it's a brand new song that was written for the Les Mis movie. Hugh Jackman as Val jean sings this song to little Cossete. :)

Katie Seigfried said...

Oh cool! Well I love it anyway :):)