Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm Alive!!!!

Ten thousand yeaaaaarrrrssss! Can give you such a crick in the neck! No, it has only been just over a year. But that is still a very long time to not post a darn thing! So here we go! Dear September 8, 2012: It is seriously incredible to look at life in one year, and examine it and see how much it has changed the world around you, and most importantly how it has changed you as a person. This past year threw a lot of twists and turns and ups and downs and all arounds. There were times where all I could do was hold on for dear life, and hope that I would be able to make it through, even if I had my eyes squeezed shut just like on a roller coaster,or had my hands in the air while I screamed. This past year has taught me more than I could possibly put into words in one post. I only hope that even a fragment of what I have learned will be reflected in what I write from now on. A very wise woman once said that "Girls are poison until they are about 20." I think she was right! It's incredible thinking about how much I have learned about myself in the past few years, and feeling like now I can take on the world in a much more positive and optimistic way. Watch out world, this 20 year old has a grip on who she is. Here I come! This past year saw a lot of great times. I was in a few different shows, per the normal routine for me, my favorite production having to be Little Women. I found myself very blessed to have the opportunity to play the role of Beth, and in turn learn a lot of life lessons about the way we look at life, and the capability to love and serve others with all of our hearts. I'm not much of a reader, but music has clearly been something that always speaks to me. So when I found out that Little Women was now a musical, I couldnt wait to hear the music and see the story brought to life. Without fail, I fell in love with the story and lived every moment of the run of that show to the very end. I still carry the message and lessons that I learned in my heart.
In more recent news, (Though anyone who knows me knows that it is not particularly news), this past summer a dear friend of mine set me up and put me on a date with a returned missionary who was just fresh home off of his mission. She texted me and said, "Calli, I know who your future husband is!" and I replied, "Oh good! I'd love for you to clue me in! When do I meet him?" Within a few days, me and this mystery man made contact over the phone with one another, and the rest is history. We were set up on one date, and after only a few hours, we were toast. We were hooked. We were sunk. However you want to say it! Out of all of the things that I could say about this man..one of the first things that comes to mind is that he is pretty much a genetic copy of me, only man sized! I have people come up to me daily saying "You know, you two are freakishly alike!" And I just smile and say, "I know. Believe me, I know" :)
Trenton, (Oh yes, that's his name! Silly me!) has changed my life completely. I wake up every morning and think about just how lucky I am to have him in my life, and find myself wanting to be the very best person that I can be because of his impact on me. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is very aware of us, and I know that he never intended for us to be alone. I know that he blesses us with guardian angels both seen and unseen, and gives us help all along the way. He is always with us and is calling to us to come unto him and to trust Him. All we have to do, is listen. Thanks for listening, Journal. - Cal

6 comments:

Katie Seigfried said...

yeah. I'll totally read your blog! You certainly have learned and grown a lot this year! I love you Calli-face!

Paleo Lovin said...

Just read it and loved it. Nuff said. Xoxo, your sister :)

Paleo Lovin said...

How come i have an ugly orange box where my beautiful face should be.... Wierd ;)

Jennifer said...

You have always been beautiful inside and out. What you are learning is compounded by the fact that you've ALWAYS been that way--just beautiful. And it shows in who you are. You RADIATE beauty!!

Unknown said...

All ears, baby. Keep it comin!

Jana said...

Can a niece be an inspiration to her aunt? You betcha! And you are:) Love you!