Sunday, September 9, 2012

Three Months of Bliss!

Dear Journal, Not only is today Sunday, one of my personal favorite days of the week, but today also marks three months that me and Trent have been dating. I can hardly believe it! Granted, he was in St Louis for about a month and a half of that time because of his summer job, but the fact still remains that I thought about him every day that he was gone and not a second went by where I wasn't thinking about wanting to be by his side. Ever since he has been home, life hasn't been perfect, but it has become glorified and that much sweeter. I rather enjoy the feeling of realizing that when it comes to relationships that you will never ever find yourself a perfect person to be with. You may be perfect for each other, but you are still both human and completely vulnerable to make mistakes. Perhaps the greatest joy I have found, however, is being able to care about someone and in turn have them care about me even through the mistakes, and the screw ups, and the ups and downs.
Haha this picture is from a lake trip that we went on recently. Trent was definitely the toughest guy there, hands down, and kicked some butt on tube wars. Although, he found himself alone on a tube that was quickly deflating and I was horrified to see him beat around the water as the tube folded up like a taco around him! But did he let go? Nah! He's too tough for that. In other news, I don't mean to toot my own horn but I just wanted to put in writing somewhere that me and my mother were the two who popped right up on the wakeboard and showed all the guys how it was done! Ahhh yeah. There were a few high school boys on the boat with us and I kid you not they were pulled about three times (not making it out of the water) then they would throw their hands in the air and say "I'm done! I'm done!" Now, before you call me hypercritical, I am all for trial and error. That's how you learn! However, they only tried about three times, then gave up! "Pansies!" I muttered under my breath. ;) Edison tried about a thousand times to make a light bulb. Success takes consistency!
Haha this picture just exemplifies the idea that we have way too much fun together. Everyone says that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I best give the story behind these ones, because there are about 3,000 words unspoken right about now! Trent had a job interview and didn't want to make a bad impression with scruff on his chinny chin chin! So I sat on his bathroom counter and giggled while he started to look like Santa Clause and then progressing to a Tony Stark look, then finally being smooth "Like a baby's behind!" {Oscar, anyone?} Anywho, the moral to the story is that life doesn't have to perfect, but that you can find perfect happiness, just as long as you know where to find it. Happy Sunday, and don't forget that with God, anything is possible. {That's what I keep telling myself thinking about the theory hw I have to do..} And as I leave you, take this scripture with you and may it give you courage: Ezra 10:4 "Arise; for this matter belongeth unto thee: We will also will be with thee: Be of good courage, and do it." All my love Journal, Cal

4 comments:

Julie said...

So, like you guys are um, like pretty cute. I still think it's weird that I changed Trent's diapers but I love you two together! Mwah!

Jana said...

Happy three months!

Jana said...

Happy three months!

Jana said...

Happy three months!