Sunday, December 9, 2007

Some Christmasy things you may not know about me!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, copy this and paste it when you're creating a new post and delete the answers I wrote and fill in your own... and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! 'Tis the Season to be NICE!


Merry Christmas

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? I personally enjoy tearing the paper to shreds!
2. Real tree or artificial? I enjoy real trees, but my family insists we use the artificial one we already own!
3. When do you put up your tree? Usually right after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take down your tree? After the wild party that we have for New Years!
5. Do you like eggnog? Uncle Dan has tried his best to get me to drink it with him every year...but it's not my favorite!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think I was considered a child about 6 years back..probably my guitar that Bridget gave me!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Not yet, but we're working on it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Grandpa Ray, I think we've already bought every golf-related gift possible over the years!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Brinky and Ally...they'll play with almost anything!
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? I've been pretty happy with my gifts up until this point.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Me and Mom usually hit up the friendly neighborhood walmart and make our own cards at the kiosk..so we mail them!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf, Muppet christmas carol (oy heatwave! Tis' my island in the sun!), polar express, and the Santa Claus movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? My family believes in survival of the fittest and fight the crowds on black friday every year. There was an old lady in the back of Kohls who had a stroke, probably from high blood pressure or something! Not to mention Bid had to tackle people at Kmart for a pink&pretty bike for Brinky!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If passing around a beef stick back and forth all year long counts.....then yes. We even baked it into Bridget's birthday cake once!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I can't argue with Aaron on this one! Grandma A's apple pie and buns!! Any baked good she touches turns to gold!
16. White or colored lights? Definitely white...it reminds me of snow and the angels.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Do you hear what I hear and away in a manger.
18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home? There's no place like home for the holidays!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know dasher and dancer and prancer and vixen! Comet and cupid and Donnor and blitzen! And of course rudolph! (are you sure you were too lazy to answer that question Aaron? Or have you secretly forgotten their names over the years?!)
20. Angel or Star on top of tree? Star now, but mom used to have a hobby of making an angel every year for the tree.
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas morning once the parentals wake up...this usually takes a while.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How LONG it is taking for school to finally get over!!!
23. Favorite Holiday Traditions? Definitely just spending time with my fam Christmas morning and going on our yearly ski trip to Utah to visit our peeps there! You guys rock!
24. What I love most about Christmas? Catching up with my family. I think we all forget how blessed we are to have each other throughout the year because life get's so hectic. I know that I was gone with Charlie Brown for months, and now Nick is starting music man, and Dad has a lot of work , and mom and biddy are always busy being full time caretakers for the rest of us ,and Wes doggy has been in school...but I just can't wait for everybody to be together for the holidays! I love you all so much!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Great job Calli, I'm glad you covered this I may be out for the
rest of the holiday blogging season. I've got cookies to bake and those Holiday Partays!! Maybe my new kitchenaid can whipup some grandma buns.....doubt it ")

Rachel said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog to Cal! You are pretty much the only one who does! And i like how those pictures of me and Cole make us look like we are way close but we have some bad times. but i love him. And i will probably do this post sometime soon! i love christmas so much! i love you to!