Monday, January 28, 2008

Together we stand, in honor of our dear prophet.


On January 27, 2008 our beloved President Hinckley passed away into a life that is far better than any of us know. I know with all my heart that President Hinckley had a homecoming like no other in heaven and is with his sweet wife right now. This man inspired me so much in his lifetime and I am so grateful for everything he taught me.



I'll never forget his sense of humor in all that he did. He never skipped a beat while on this earth and was always so spry that at times I thought for sure that he would out-live me! In this shot President Hinckley is "dubbing" Elder Eyering after he was called to be second counselor in the first presidency. It was so funny! :]

In honor of our beloved prophet, most of the youth at Mesa High decided to wear their church clothes for one day. Here is all of us together after school. It was fun being able to represent something so special as one group of young people.


And ....of course....we had to have our goofy picture! My friends...haha..I couldn't live without em!



President Hinckley really had a love for the youth of the church and it made me feel really happy to be able to know that he knew us and our trials, and always related so well to us as kids in his talks. He was such a sweet man who was truly a servant of the lord and I will miss him greatly. I love him so much and thank thee o God, for my prophet.


3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love the dubbing pic. it really captures his spontaneous sense of humor and wittiness. :)

Unknown said...

yea

Rachel said...

Amen Calli. I just watched the funeral today and of course cried. But he is in a better place! Love you!